Bird Watcher’s Supply & Gift Newsletter
In This Issue
Holiday Shopping/Shop Small, What’s New/Gift Suggestions, Optics News, Backyard Bird Update, Field Birding Update, Our Website, Newsletter Special, Contact Information, and Money-Saving Coupon.
Click “Here” for a printable PDF version of this newsletter.
Shop Small This Holiday Season
We encourage you to “shop small” this holiday season. By shopping smaller merchants, you support your local businesses and avoid the crowds at the big box stores and malls. We continue to source more of our products locally to support the local crafters and small manufacturers closer to home. They appreciate your continued support, as do we.
The supply chain for products has eased somewhat. We have worked hard to bring in more of our most popular items to ensure they can be available to you. We are well stocked on Squirrel Busters and Aspects tube feeders, as well as bluebird, oriole and hummingbird feeders.
We are also well stocked on most binoculars and scopes with only a few exceptions. Some
manufacturers are running specials and we will be offering our own unadvertised specials on others. So please do stop in the store for the best deals!
We have more items still arriving daily; so do come in often for the best selection! To encourage you to shop with us, and in celebration of more than 25 years of serving you, we will be offering 25% OFF ONE ITEM, except seed, suet, optics, and sale items. You will need to use the coupon that you will find at the end of this newsletter and it is good until the end of the year!
What’s New / Gift Suggestions?
If you haven’t been in the store lately, you will discover many new items. Here is a sampling of the gifts that you may find when you visit:
– Locally designed, printed, and handmade by Laterzees: new stocking hats, potholders, tea
towels, Swedish dishcloths, drink wraps, cosmetic pouches, key rings, camera and binocular straps and more – all made in Georgetown!
– Amazing Wood and Poly Bird Feeders in the shape of your Favorite Birds, larger than life, from Beaver Dam Woodworking in Pennsylvania. These make fantastic gifts!
– Placemat & Napkin sets, tote bags, and potholders in attractive bird prints locally made in New Hampshire. Wine Gift Bags and other kitchen linens made in Maryland.
– Copper and Brass Feeders from Good Directions in traditional as well as clever heart, half moon and circle shapes. Also NEW hanging,
clamp-on and ground staked Copper Bird Baths. Great Gifts!
– New Charley Harper Jigsaw Puzzles, including a new 2000 piece puzzle, plus Madd Capp challenging puzzles in the shape of your favorite birds and flowers in 100, 300, and 500 pieces!
– 2023 Wall Calendars, Engagement Calendars, and Page-A-Day Calendars.
– Holiday themed embossed Pomegranate Cards, Quilling Cards, Enclosure Cards, and Blank Notecards (great for thank you cards).
– Popular Cobane Glass, Brushkin Plant-Based, and Wild Woolies Hand-Felted Bird Ornaments are well stocked and looking forward to adorning someone’s tree this year!
– Maine Balsam Pillows, Sachets, and Draft Stoppers to bring the scent of the north woods into your home this holiday, and help keep it warm!
– Holiday Seed Wreaths and Ornaments are in stock and are inexpensive feeder gifts!
– New book, The Hawk’s Way and recent The Hummingbird Gift
from New Hampshire’s Sy Montgomery.
– New Bird Sock and T-Shirt designs.
– We are well stocked with BIRDHOUSES including hand painted and estate quality houses with copper, patina, or shingled roofs.
Many are locally made in New England, including Woody’s Gazebo Houses and Feeders from Monson, MA. We have houses for wrens, chickadees, bluebirds, woodpeckers and more, including squirrel resistant Screech Owl Boxes made in Hamilton. Birdhouses make great gifts!
– Roosting Boxes and Roosting Pockets will help birds survive cold winter nights.
– Birds & Beans Shade-Grown Coffee & Coffee Mug.
– New Children’s Books and Toys including binoculars,
puppets, puzzles and games.
…And so many more great gift items for the bird
lovers on your holiday list!
Can’t Decide? We have Gift Certificates in any amount!
Binoculars and spotting scopes make special gifts for the bird or nature enthusiast on your list. We have binoculars and spotting scopes in all price ranges including full-size and compact binoculars starting under $100 and Spotting Scopes under $300!
New Zeiss Binoculars SFL Binoculars, lightweight 8×42 and 10×42 models. Zeiss’s renown quality for less!
Limited number of Swarovski NL Pure Binoculars, now in 32mm and 42mm sizes and the 115mm Objective Lens for its ATX/STX scopes are now in stock! Come in and see our deals on ATX/STX scopes!
Nikon is running short-term instant rebates on several of its binoculars and scopes. Come in early to take advantage of the savings.
CLOSEOUT SPECIAL (only a few left) – Nikon Monarch 7 8×42 NOW $379!! (reg. $449.)
Shop and compare our wide selection of binoculars and scopes to find the right one for you!
Backyard Birds Update
We are expecting an influx of winter finches this year, and we can expect some Pine Siskins and Redpolls to join the Goldfinches at feeders during the winter. Evening Grosbeaks and Siskins have already made stops at a few area feeders. Juncos and Tree Sparrows are back, feeding on millet and thistle under the feeders.
Temperatures are dipping below freezing, so it is time to put those heating deicers in your bird bath or plug in your heated bird bath. The birds love having water available in the colder weather and become more dependent upon it once all fresh water sources become frozen. We are better stocked on heated birdbaths, but we do expect them to move fast.
Many birds will roost in your birdhouses during the winter, so do keep them up, or put up new ones for winter roosting. Also consider putting up roosting boxes or roosting pockets designed to help birds through the cold months ahead. We have some new styles in stock!
Field Birding Update
The first Snowy Owl has yet to be spotted but flocks of Snow Buntings have been seen on Plum Island and Salisbury. A few Purple Finches have been seen and a few scattered reports of Evening Grosbeaks and Red Crossbills have been posted. Pine Grosbeaks and Bohemian Waxwings should be looked for as well this winter.
Bufflehead and Long-tailed Ducks are appearing in Newburyport Harbor. Rafts of Scoters and Eiders can be seen at the mouth of the harbor and all along the coast. There are also increasing numbers of Loons and Grebes just offshore. A few Razorbills and Murres have been spotted, and Gannets can be seen diving for fish just offshore.
Ring-necked Ducks, Ruddy Ducks and Mergansers are gathering in area ponds and reservoirs. As the temperature drops, more Bald Eagles will be seen fishing the Merrimack River. Last year a Golden Eagle joined them near Deer Island, so keep an eye out!
Our website continues to be updated with many more of our products in all categories. Check it out at: www.birdwatcherssupplyandgifts.com Utilize it to view products, but do come in the store for a greater selection and special holiday pricing!
Newsletter and Loyal Customer Special!
Because you subscribe to our newsletter, and you obviously read it if you are reading this far, we wish to offer you a special thank you with the attached coupon below. Please use it for your holiday shopping!
Wishing safe and joyous Holidays to you and your family. We hope to see you during the holiday season ahead!
Steve, Margo, Barrett, Martha, John-Paul, Katrina & Bob
COUPON: For additional savings throughout the holiday shopping season, USE THE COUPON BELOW TO SAVE $$ BEFORE THE END OF DECEMBER:
Bird Watcher’s Supply & Gift
With this coupon, save 25% on any one item.*
Effective now thru Dec. 31, 2022 at Bird Watcher’s Supply and Gift
*Except seed, suet, optics, gift certificates and sale items. Not valid with any other offer or on prior purchases.
One Coupon per Household.
Just a reminder that we are open six days a week, Tuesday through Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10am-3pm. We are CLOSED ON MONDAYS.
Address: 194 Route 1, Route 1 Traffic Circle, Newburyport, MA 01950
Our Website: www.birdwatcherssupplyandgifts.com
Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/birdwatcherssupply/
Sunday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday – Saturday – 10:00am – 5:00pm